Sunday, June 10, 2012

WIPs, Stitchy Mail, and a True Blooded Hunk

Hello Dear Readers,

I'm tardy again. Seems to be a habit lately.

My summer of doing nothing but stitching has not started well. I've been much busier than anticipated, and I've hit a HUGE stitching slump. I just can't seem to get myself into it. Makes it difficult to hit those round robin deadlines. hmmph

Well, since last WIPocalypse what have I accomplished?

I finished my square on Ginny's Mirabilia RR. I stitched Lilly of the Woods for her.


I finished my bubble on Michelle's Joan Elliott RR. I stitched Butterfly Fairy.


I have started Cat's band sampler RR on which I am doing a section of Winter. I have also started Stephanie's JE RR. Hers is all little petal shaped sections of Garden Fairies. I don't want to share pix of these until they are done.

I received Linda's Mirabilia Ladies RR, but haven't started it yet. (See Stitchy Mail below.)

I also put in a few stitches on Book Store, but it wasn't really enough to warrant a photo. Maybe next time.



So, I've received a ton of stitchy mail in the last couple of days!

I am going to review a kit for Yiota's XStitch . It is Belly Dance No. 1.

I've been very lucky to win some giveaways on the blogs of some sweet stitchy friends. I won a piece of fabric from Leslie that she hand-dyed for me. It's beautiful, blues with a hint of pink and lavender. I love it! I also won a big handful of DMC variegated floss from Melanie . They are such pretty colors. I've never had or used any of the DMC varies and I guess I never knew what I was missing! Also, in my mail picture you will see Linda's aforementioned Mira RR, and my monthly L/E fabric from Polstitches, Lust and Laughter. It's gorgeous. I love the splashes of peach in it. Don't know what I'm going to stitch on it yet, but it'll come to me.


Thank you so much to Leslie and Melanie! They are sweet and generous. Melanie did her giveaway to celebrate reaching 50 followers. I think I'll do a giveaway when I get to 50 as well. Thanks for the idea!



Last, but definitely not least, I have a hunk for you. The season premiere of True Blood starts in just over an hour. My favorite hunky character is Eric Northman, played by the superbly hunky Alexander Skarsgard. Yum. (Watch out for the extra naughty pix at the bottom. Shield the younguns eyes!)








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your finishes. Especailly the Lilly of the Woods. (I guess I am just partial to that RR, hehe) Can't wait until it comes home so I can ooogle the beauty of it. I love the bubble blocks in the JE you stitched on. I have been watching the posts on those RR's and they are all beautiful. Your bubble is so sweet and I love how your antennae is "outside the box". SWEET! I am jealous of you and your True Bloods. Your hunky guy is hunky and the Rolling Stone photo is Hot! Enjoy the season. The Belly Dancer looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see that one done up. And congrats on your wins. Beautiful things you won. Both fabrics are lovely!

Veronica said...

Very pretty RRs. Lily of the Woods is so pretty and so is Butterfly Fairy :) Hope you get your stitching mojo back soon.

Hugs,
Veronica.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I've just tagged you in "11 Things" on my blog, please join in if you want but don't feel obligated!

Anonymous said...

I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What work you've gotten done on the RRs are lovely. I like the idea of bubbles!