Thursday, January 3, 2013

Out with the old (list)

So, in reflecting back on 2012, I decided to look at my original WIPocalypse to-do list that I posted in January. It's frightening, truly, how little off that list I got done.

Here is a recap of the list, along with the status of each project:



2012 Stitching Plans (aka Wishful Thinking)

  1. Mermaids of the Deep Blue – Mirabilia ~~Didn’t touch
  2. Mediterranean Mermaid – Mirabilia ~~ Stitched a little
  3. Enchanted Dreamer – Mirabilia ~~ Didn’t start
  4. Queen of Fairies – Passione Ricamo ~~ Bought some floss and fabric
  5. Bluebell Pixie – Nora Corbett ~~ Nope
  6. TOT Fairy for a special friend’s October b-day ~~Stitched some; didn’t finish for October birthday
  7. Shimmering Seashells Sampler – Patricia Ann ~~Nope
  8. Gingerbread Garden Sampler – Victoria Sampler ~~ Uh uh
  9. Something bargello-ish ~~ No
  10. My 2011 Mirabilia RR – finish my square ~~ Still sitting there
  11. My 2011 Band Sampler RR – finish at bottom ~~ Ditto
  12. 2011-2012 UFO RR (maybe someday I'll get my own back. sigh) ~~ I finished everyone else’s. Mine is gone.
  13. Mirabilia RR – 2012 ~~ Done! (Still missing mine.)
  14. Joan Elliott RR ~~ Done! Yay!!! Mine is beautiful!!
  15. Band Sampler RR 2012 ~~ Almost done. Two more mailings.
  16. Key To My Heart – Stoney Creek (for my Dad) ~~ Put in a few stitches
  17. Handiwork Memories – Stoney Creek (nearly done gift for MIL) ~~ Nope
  18. Spring Garden – Stoney Creek (nearly done gift for Mom) ~~ Nope
  19. Hang bellpulls for sis ~~ Bell pull hardware is still sitting on my desk
  20. Frame at least 50% of finished projects ~~ Not a one.


Because that list wasn’t big enough (d’oh!), I added a few new starts, too.
1.      Passione Ricamo – Mistery Fairy SAL
2.      Yiota’s Bellydancer No. 1
3.      RAK Project – Maidenhair
4.      Country Cottage Needlework – The Book Store
5.      Overlook CafĂ©
6.      Mirabilia Large-Stitch RR – January 2013 start


I guess it's safe to say that I set my sights a little high.

I will post a new list for 2013 shortly. Do you think I can make it a tad more realistic??

6 comments:

LindaM said...

Karen,

Your 2012 list and my 2012 list look very similar in the didn't touch/stitched a few stitches only category. I spread myself too thin this year. My list if I make one is going to be a short one.

Sorry to hear that a couple of your RR's are still MIA's.

Sending all good wishes for a successful stitching year.

Linda Miller

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the comment for number 4 - bought some floss and fabric. Like that counts as progress LOL.

I've made my list more manageable this year too!! Simply by stopping at 13 pieces.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Love the comment for number 4 - bought some floss and fabric. Like that counts as progress LOL.

I've made my list more manageable this year too!! Simply by stopping at 13 pieces.

Emma/Itzy said...

Oooh why hold yourself back?! If you want 121255485 items on the list then go for it!

I already know I will not complete my goals buy hey, its something to aim for at least :D

demeter83 said...

I set my heights too high last year and failed miserably... did I learn my lesson and make my targets easier this year? Nope, if anything I made the harder - it's fun!
Enjoy whatever you do choose to start on!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with having goals. And I am sure you finished a lot of other things that were not on the list as well as doing all the wonderful things that get in the way of stitching (like cub scout camp) hehe and such. And you know what? Your 2012 list can become your 2013 list and you won't have to agonize over downsizing the list. I am still working on my list and it will more than likely be unrealistic, but it will still be a list of things that I would like to complete in 2013. Maybe it's the challenge we like....