Friday, February 15, 2013

Theme-a-licious Check-in

So this is my first mid-month check in for Theme-a-licious.

I don't have any pix ready to post, so I think I'll just tell you a bit about my plans.

This month's theme is: Figural February - "Who are the people in your neighborhood...your WIP neighborhood, that is? Give your people-populated projects some face time this month."

Most of what I stitch includes people, but I will make a special effort on a couple of neglected pieces this month. (I hope.)

I received my 2012 Mirabilia Round Robin back (finally). However, the last stitcher only put in a partial section, and she stitched it in the wrong box. :(    So, I picked out the stitches she had done, and I stitched Nora Corbett's Lavender Pixie in the correct box. Dear, sweet Julie from Red Couch Stitcher , has volunteered to stitch the remaining box with Sweet Pea pixie, so I don't have to do two boxes. When I get it back from her, I will do the beading on all eight pixies. I will share a picture during my WIPocalypse check in.

I really want to put in another couple hundred stitches into Yiota's Bellydancer No. 1.

Here is what she looked like last time:


I'm almost certain that I won't reach the actual bellydancer, but I'd like to make some progress.

I have also long neglected my Passione Ricamo Mistery Fairy SAL. I completed through Step 2. We've received Step 8 at the beginning of February. I guess I'm a little behind.

This is what it looked like through Step 2 (keeping in mind that I do the beading at the end):





So, let's see if I've made any progress by the end of the month. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

5 comments:

Terri said...

Good progress on your Yiota's piece. I need to get caught up on the PR SAL, also. And another SAL, and,...... there's just never enough time! :-)

geeky Heather said...

Wow, you have a lot planned!! That Mistery Fairy SAL looks really intriguing! I love the swirly border.

Anonymous said...

Both of your pieces are looking great! So you are a little behind on the PR. As long as you enjoy each and every stitch. I am so happy that you finally received your RR back. And what a sweet stitching friend to stitch the other block for you. I can't wait to see this one all beaded up. It's going to look even more gorgeous than it already is.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So pleased that your RR arrived back and that Julie is going to help out. A Happy Ending!!

Love seeing everyone else's PR Mystery too. The border put me off, I'm not a big border stitching fan!

SoCal Debbie said...

I can't wait to see the belly dancer! You have a good start on that one. I'm also still on part 2 of the PR Fairy Mystery SAL, but I'm stitching all the blue background too.